In June of 1977, Lads ‘n’ Lassies was formed by graduates of a square dance class taught by Lowell Young and Gene Gibson. The class was sponsored by Henry County Parks Department under the direction of Charles Bledsoe. in subsequent years, classes have been sponsored by Henry County Parks and Recreation Department under the direction of Tim Coley.
The Lads ‘n’ Lassies regularly dance on the first and third Saturday nights at St. Joseph’s Episcopal Church, 1865 GA Hwy East, McDonough, GA. The club’s first caller was Buddy Trundle followed by Dan Mitchell and Bill Jones, our current caller. The club’s first cuer was Carlene Bohannon followed by Bob Hange and finally, Rochelle Cronkite, our current cuer.